Wednesday, October 6, 2010
A little late for Stashbusting September, but I finished the sweater for my son none-the-less. Officially, this is the first sweater I've ever finished! Yay, me!
Since I didn't use a pattern, I did the best I could with sizing. Not bad, but the sleeves are a tad too long and the body of it a little wide. I intended it to be large on him so he could wear it for longer... I'm interested to see how it will wear over time.
Again, this was my first attempt at fair-isle knitting (using two different yarns at the same time) and I kinda like it. Getting the tension right took a little practice, but it wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought it might be.
If you have boys, I don't have to tell you what it's like to try and get a decent photo of a moving target. The first day I tried to get pics of him in it outside and he took off on me to go play with these girls down the street - way more fun than mommy with a camera.
A Thomas book got him to sit still long enough to take these. The sleeves are rolled once in all of these pics.