Monday, October 18, 2010

Prairie Star Quiltfest



Have I ever mentioned that I love bargello quilts?  I went to a local quilt show this weekend, the Praire Star Quiltfest, and was thrilled to find these.  I don't know what it is about bargellos, but I could just stare at them for hours.  Love them!



Love the fabrics and patterns of these two (above) and also thought they were unexpected.



This lovely quilt was made using fabrics from clothes the designer found at a thrift store!  Way to upcycle!  And her embellishments are just lovely.



Um... Wow.



Ditto.

This next group of five is all about bold colors and high contrast...






This was a huge cathedral windows quilt (easily a queen size)...


I think the color placement in these are just amazing...




I think the quilting on this next one is just divine.


And a few more that were just too good to pass up...





And last, but not least... my local Quilts of Valor group, LOLQOV, had a booth at the show.  You can see Rita in the pic - she is the head of our chapter and is a glowing new grandmother to a beautiful baby girl.


And if you are wondering what quilt I am desperately trying to finish for the Blogger's Quilt Festival, here's a hint: it's one I've been working on for Quilts of Valor.

10 comments:

Emma Thomsen said...

Wow, what fantastic quilts - thanks for sharing! I too love Bargellow quilts, I've always thought I would love to have a go but I just don't have that 'sort of eye' for colour. What a joy to look at them though. :)

becky said...

What beautiful quilts! The colors are spectacular... I think my favorite one is the one made from thrift store finds, how unique is that one?!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics!

Becky said...

Beautiful! I think my favorite is the one with the houses around the "park". Thanks for sharing!

Megan O said...

wow! im blown away, i have to ask you though, HOW DO YOU FIND THESE SHOWS. i realize that im not from a very quilty city (cry), but i live in a small state where i could go anywhere in it to see a quilt show and i search and search for ones coming up and can't find any info! how do you find these?!?

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

When I see those beauties I am in shame of my meager skills and in awe with the craftsmanship involved in those creations

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

LOVE the upcycled quilt. Those little embellishments are so adorable! I can't believe the detail on that quilt. Thanks for sharing all of these lovely photos.

KimMalk said...

Hi Cecily, Totally love the town square quilt and the one that was recycled with all of the embellishments.

Gloria said...

Can't wait to see your entry for the quilt festival! I'll bet it will be amazing!
Best,
Gloria

Gloria said...

P.S. I forgot to say that I love that quilt with the little chicks -- What detail work!
gv

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What gorgeous quilts! Thank you for taking us on a tour and for sharing your pics with us.