Monday, October 25, 2010

Making Progress

I've been working pretty hard to get this quilt finished up for the Blogger's Quilt Festival later this week.  A week ago, I signed myself up for Amy's One Thing, One Week Challenge with the goal of finishing the borders on the quilt and getting the quilt sandwich together.

Amy's Creative Side

And I made my goal!  Not only did I get the layers together, but last night I was able to finish the quilting and am already working on the binding.  I am pretty excited!


I took this next one while I was working on the quilting...


I think that's enough peeking for now.  I've got to get back to quilting and paper writing!

14 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Such a teaser..bet it will be a doozy to look at when it is finished!

Jenni said...

Well you got a lot futher than me! Looks lovely so far:)

ShirleyC said...

Awww....come on! I want to see the rest. It looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

looking good!! I can't wait to see the finished project!! Good luck with finishing the rest off!!

Jennifer said...

Nice job! I can't wait to see it all finished!

Jennifer :)

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt next week. I still don't know what quilt I am going to show.
Congrats on completing your challenge.

Barb in Mi said...

Looking good as far as I can see... Congrats on meeting your challenge - and then some!

Jenn Erickson said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Katie said...

From what I can see, that quilt is a masterpiece! I also like the quote in your blog header - I have to remember to tell myself that when I try new things.

Melissa said...

The perspective shots are pretty and tantalizing.

Sara said...

BUT, but I wanted to see the whole thing;) The colors are fabulous!

Robin said...

Congrats on making your challenge goal! Your sneak peeks are great. I can't wait to see the big unveiling in BQF!

Gloria said...

WOW! I didn't know you posted this -- Looks great!
Best,
Gloria

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Gorgeous, Cecily! Doesn't it feel great to accomplish what you set out to do?! I seem to fall short more often than not:) Can't wait to see the finished quilt!