Saturday, August 7, 2010

An amazing artist

While collecting ideas for my fabric covered journal, I stumbled across an amazing find. I googled "fabric journals" to see what would come up and discovered this tutorial on making fabric journals. While they weren't the kind I was intending on, they were still absolutely gorgeous. The artist was Teesha Moore. A few more clicks and I came across her website and then her blog.

I literally lost about three hours of my night between watching the video tutorial and pouring over her art. Her journal pages are stunning! And she is so generous in sharing her art - not only does she offer all sorts of tips on her site but she runs several artist retreats and camps. I love it when artists make their art accessible.

Here are a few more of my favorite Journal Pages of Teesha's:


I just can't get over the depth of her art - the bold use of color, all the layers and layers of details, and the personal tidbits and quotes. Her craft space is to-die-for. I love the color combo and her stash is one to be jealous of.

The technique Teesha Moore demonstrates in her videos seems pretty easy and versatile. It has inspired me to use her technique to finally start a wall quilt - something I've wanted to do for a while. We'll have to see what I come up with...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

WOW! I need to check her out pronto! They are beautiful!