Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hat & Scarf


I finished the hat that I knit to go with this scarf... now I have a set!


No pattern.  I just looked at a bunch of patterns of hats and just sort of winged it.  At one point I realized it was going to be too huge so I had to go out back and rip out a few rows to reduce it, but now it fits me perfectly.  It just covers my ears and fits loosely enough that it doesn't destroy my hair for the rest of the day.


Love, love, love this yarn.  I have one ball of it left.  Still not sure what I'm going to do with it...

6 comments:

Tanya said...

That IS great looking yarn! You could probably make a pair of matching mittens or maybe fingerless gloves with the remaining ball? Or a neck cowl?

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I trying to make a similar ruffled scarf, but it has a rib. Every so often, the rib jogs off a bit. I've started over twice now.

Sigh!

Yours is beautiful. Love the yarn.

Unknown said...

wo wo wo, back it up! you made that hat without a pattern? okay well obviously you have some skills! way to go Cecily. and i agree the yarn is so pretty!

Jenn Erickson said...

No pattern? Winged it? Cec, you are absolutely amazing. I love the design and the colors you chose for that beautiful scarf and hat!

Gloria said...

This is great! To have made such a beautiful set as this is so nice... Lord, how I would love to have the skills to make something, such as this, which is timeless and beautiful and will last forever. You are truly talented, my friend!!
Best,
Gloria

Gloria said...

This is great! To have made such a beautiful set as this is so nice... Lord, how I would love to have the skills to make something, such as this, which is timeless and beautiful and will last forever. You are truly talented, my friend!!
Best,
Gloria