My dining room is coming together. After the walls got a couple coats of "spiced butternut" paint, some fresh artwork, a new chandelier and a new table centerpiece, I have to say that my dining room is coming together splendidly.
Here is the only before picture I could find, just to give you an idea of what I was starting with. The day we painted, I took some "before" shots of both my dining room and kitchen so I could use them in posts, but they managed to get deleted from my camera prior to getting them onto my computer. :( So much for big plans, eh?
Here is the same shot taken this morning...
You can see that I also changed the direction the table was sitting... it really helped to open up the room. Here are a few more pics...
The pitcher and goblets are the same ones that I picked up at the thrift store the day I found the vintage chandelier. A great day at the thrift store, if you ask me.
I really don't think I can express in words how happy my new chandelier makes me. :)
I decided to crochet the flowers in the vase. That way I could both have total control over the colors I was adding to the room and also I think the crochet look ties in with the 60's glassware and chandelier. If anyone out there wants the pattern for the flowers, just holler and I will write it up you.
Here are a couple shots of the room at night.