Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vintage Miracle

Today has been miraculous. Spent the bulk of the day having a blast with my mother-in-law and son. We had lunch and went shopping and hit my favorite thrift store. I totally scored.

Item #1: this wonderfully made wooden chest for $15. I haven't decided whether it will be entirely painted or whether I will make a padded bench out of the top (probably the later since the top is slightly warped, as you can see).

Items #2-5: I can not even tell you how flippin' excited I am to have found the lamp shade on the left. On Tuesday my mother-in-law and I repainted my kitchen to the color you can see on the wall in the background (spiced butternut). I knew I wanted a wow lampshade to reanchor the room and have been on the hunt, but never dreamed I'd get so lucky. It's lovely 60's vintage glass and I could just marry it!! When all is said and done, it will hang above my table. I picked up the pitcher and goblets to set on the table as a grouping as well.

Item #6: For $1.50 I just couldn't put her down. She needs a little TLC and some more modest paint, but I just know I can save her.
...and we also hit Hobby Lobby where I picked up a pair of 24"x30" canvases. I'll paint them as a pair to hang behind my kitchen table. You can be sure that there will be LOADS of pics to share when I am done redoing my kitchen. Promise.

Clearly I don't plan on sleeping for a while, since I also have the Etsy Craft Party tomorrow night. So excited! Can't wait to meet some awesome local artists.

A super huge thank you to my mother-in-law: she ROCKS!

Gotta go... get busy crafting or get busy dying.
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous and fun finds! I can't wait to get to some crafting this evening myself...

mjamaro said...

That box and lamp are wonderful...don't know about that owl...
Mom

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love your fun finds! You know that little owl would look great painted to match your lamp shade....just saying. With a little glazing....but you'll do something clever, I just know it. I am jealous of your big canvas purchases tho. Something about a big empty canvas just calls to me.

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow, I love the glass finds! Lucky you!

Heather said...

Your owl is so cute, great find.