Saturday, June 19, 2010

Etsy Craft Party

Last night was our Etsy Craft Party... it was just an event that Etsy started through meetup.com to get local crafters together all across the country. It was a ton of fun and we had a great turn out.

I think there were 11 of us all together and we made a couple great craft projects. The first project was to make origami boxes out of recycled greeting cards. Some of them turned out really pretty and they are surprisingly sturdy. Then I tried to teach amigurumi to everyone... turns out about half of the girls had never crocheted so we started out with some basics. In the end 5 of the girls were able to complete owls... I'm sure with a little more practice they all could. :)

It was a great night and we stayed there from 7pm till about 10:30. Everyone was really nice and we have such a wide range of talents between us. We decided to meet again in a few weeks for some more crafting and fun. Can't wait! And special thanks go out to Lisa for providing such a great space for us to meet in and Margie for organizing the event and teaching us how to make those boxes. Thanks, ladies!

3 comments:

lisanido said...

Thank you Cecily for posting the photos from last night, it was a great time. I still can't believe I made a crocheted animal! - I'll have to make another owl this weekend so that I don't forget how to do it. You are a very good teacher, so patient!

So glad this group has formed, and until we have a formal name, "Craft Hapens" - will happen again on July 9th at 7pm.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

I am jealous about the craft party. Looks like you all had a great time and made some really snazzy stuff too!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time too! Thanks for your patience with us "non-crocheters" Can't wait for the next one!