Saturday, October 8, 2011
Urban Utility II
Well, it took me long enough, but I finally finished Urban Utility II. It only took me 4 months to get around to finishing up the quilting and the binding. Oh well.
I know it looks a LOT like the first one, but it's arranged a little differently and I changed up the quilting ever so slightly.
Still love the color combos. And here's my favorite part...
Are these jellyfish awesome, or what?! My son likes them so much he was trying to convince me that they are the front of the quilt. As for myself, I can't get enough of them.
There was such a long gap between when I started quilting this and when I finished that I ended up putting the wrong color thread in the bobbin. At first I was disgusted with myself, but then I took a look at it again and decided I kinda liked the different colors so I ended up using black, grey, and blue thread for various parts of it. It's only on the back anyway.
BTW, we still have our hummingbird plants out... we haven't see any today, but we spotted one a couple days ago (hummingbirds, that is).
Just to prove that the two sister quilts are different, you can see them side by side. They are remarkably similar, but if you even knew how many hours I agonized over the placement of each square in relation to the others you would die laughing. Seriously.
<< Urban Utility II
Urban Utility I >>
I'll be linking this up at Met Monday and a bunch of other awesome link parties... go ahead, check 'em out!