One year ago today...
I started a blog named Craftopotamus.
Time sure does fly.
Over 41,000 pageviews, over 400 followers, a couple dozen features, 3 Blogger's Quilt Festivals, and 2 semesters of grad school later, I'm still in it and loving it.
In celebration of creating, blogging, and all of the wonderful people I have met along the way, I am giving away another quilt.
This one, in fact. It's called Urban Utility I. That's partly because it was based off of the City Tracks pattern in Cherri House's City Quilts book and partly because some of the colors and quilting remind me of those utility blankets that are used for moving furniture. And the "I" is because I am working on "II" as we speak, but I'll be keeping that one for myself. :)
This quilt is my first foray into solids and I have to say, I am hooked. I bought myself a Kona solids card and haven't looked back.
It's also the first time I've done any straight line quilting that wasn't done by hand. It is crazy to me that I have been quilting for almost 6 years, I've done tons of meandering quilting and designs, but have only just now bought myself a walking foot with a guide. It's almost embarassing! The finished quilt measures roughly 58" by 75" and is made with all cotton fabrics and batting.
I tell you, I just love this creative journey and having such a great way to share it. Every day I am amazed by the warm and genuine bloggers I have found on my journey and am continually inspired by YOUR work. The talent you all have is amazing. And thank you for following along with me, even when grad school gets the better of my time.
So, are you ready to hear the Quiltaway rules? They're pretty simple.
You have 5 chances to enter. Each comment is considered an entry (no more than five per person):
1. Leave a comment about this quilt or what you might do with it if you win it or about what blogging has meant to you.
2. Become a follower. Just leave a comment, whether you're a new follower or old, just saying that you are one.
3. "Like" Craftopotamus on Facebook and leave me a comment here to let me know you did (or that you already have). Follow the button for a quick link...
4. Share this post or the Craftopotamus link to this post on your Facebook page (and then come back here and leave me a comment saying you did.
5. Blog about this quiltaway or post one of my buttons (located in my sidebar) on your blog. Let me know which you did and post the link in the comment.
Please make sure there is a way for me to contact you by email! This quiltaway will run from now through Thursday, June 9th at 9:00pm. The winner will be drawn by random number generator and announced Friday, June 10th at 9:00am.
I'll be linking this quilt up to lots of my favorite link parties including Amy's Sew & Tell and Met Monday... be sure to check out my newly remodeled Link Parties tab and all the awesome inspiration you can find at all of these parties - you won't regret it!
GOOD LUCK!! I hope YOU win!