Friday, December 17, 2010

Santa's Workshop

Santa's workshop, AKA my craft room, is BUSY as always this time of year.  I have pics of some works in progress for you...


This is a scarf that will have a matching hat and that I had hoped to finish as a Christmas gift, but will not make it.  Both ends of the scarf with have that little ruffle on the end.


Here is a shawl that I finished last night.  There is a slight variegation from pink to aqua blue, but it's subtle so it doesn't show up in the pic well.  I need to make a pin to go with it still.


And these are a pair of booties that I made for my son, but I still need to sew some faux suede on the bottom.  They're to slick for tile and wood floors as is.  I might add some more decorative details as well.


I stitched up some of my new Spring Garden yarn to get a gauge on size 15 needles.  My latest plan is to make a cowl with it.  I'm going to try and hold off on starting this one until after Christmas.  Can't wait!


And just to break up the yarn fest, I've also made some progress on this quilt.  I'm hoping to sew these blocks together some time over the weekend.

Am I the only one who manages to over-commit herself EVERY holiday season?!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

I really like the colors in that quilt top. Very cute.

And I think a lot of people over commit themselves! We want to do everything, please everyone, and then no time!! <3

Melissa said...

The booties are adorable...I really like the color scheme of the quilt top.

Gloria said...

Wow, all of your home-made items look so great! I love the booties for your boy! And that scarf is really nice, I especially like the ruffle on the end. And the cowl you are making from your new pretty yarn is going to look great on you!
Great job, Cecily. I know you feel you are overextending yourself, but just try to finish what you can -- you will enjoy the tasks more! What doesn't get done and is an xmas present, just take a picture of it, wrap the photo in a little box, and give it to the person with an arrival date to them after Jan 1st! They'll have something to look forward to after the Holidays! :)
Best,
Gloria

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I LOVE those little booties! So cute! And your quilt is gorgeous, as always. I always over-commit, but I know that it all won't get done... Christmas goes on anyway and everything turns out just fine:)

Unknown said...

Oh wow, everything is looking beautiful! See, this is what you can't get in a store! I'm struggling too. Here I am cruising blogs and I have, oh about 10 more gifts to make!
Merry Christmas!

quilthexle said...

Your quilt will be a stunner! And I can only second what Gloria wrote - just give the happy recipient a "voucher", they'll sure understand it! This year just my husband tried to put some pressure on me - but I convinced him that a shawl is needed in winter time, not to a certain day in the month. And - I did not tell him which year I'm talking about ;-))
Happy Holidays !

Jenn Erickson said...

Incredible! I'm absolutely in love with those darling little booties. You are so talented!

KimMalk said...

Hi Cecily - you are one talented lady - I don't know if I remember you knitted, too. Merry Christmas, I've had such a great time getting to know you this year ;).